Our emphasis on innovation and its source - dedicated employees - keeps us looking for talented individuals who are ready to meet aggressive goals in a high-technology company constantly developing new marketing-leading products. Good people are critical to our success and, in return, we offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits for our diverse, global workforce.
The Sr. Product Manager is accountable for a portfolio of residual gas analyzers targeted at semiconductor manufacturing and coating applications. Understands and defines current market segmentation and related product/system/service positioning. Identifies potential gaps in portfolio, both against competition and new market opportunity.
- Owns the technical and market specification for the product/system/service and determines a product/system/service business plan that supports sustainable growth. Leads life cycle management process, analyses current product/system/service , defines and tracks performance metrics, plans appropriate measures (e.g. enhancements, cost reductions, phase-outs) and makes decisions on product/system/service obsolescence and end-of life to ensure current and future market requirements are met and maximize profitability.
- Acts as interface between external market and internal functions (e.g. Sales, Operations, and Research & Development), forecasting volume trends on a regular basis to ensure Operation's capability to fulfil customer orders. Sets targets and monitors product/system/service costs, giving inputs to Operations functions (e.g. Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Production) to maximize competitiveness and profitability.
- Defines new product/system/service plans, sets technical, price, cost and capital expenditure targets. Contributes to development of new portfolios by leading customer need and value analysis, planning the roadmap to create maximum value, follow-up of product/system/service portfolio performance.
- Prioritizes new product/system/service development projects with responsibility for achievement of targets (product characteristics, time, costs, capital expenditure, pay-back) and coordinating cross-functional teams. Owns and approves defined product/system/service development process stage gates.
- Initiates and drives product market communication strategy, including product launch planning and implementation. Manages different channel to market scenarios in coordination with channel partners and FES/ International Marketing & Sales to ensure best market coverage.
- Defines product customer value proposition per segment and channel and ensures clear communication to channels and users, to deliver clear product/system/service positioning within the portfolio with defined values per product/system/service line.
- Responsible for product/system/service profitability and margin. Drives the annual business planning process and facilitates agreement between sales demand and supply. Monitors global sales target fulfilment and tender volumes and takes action as appropriate.
- In preparation for new product launch, and otherwise as required, defines pricing strategies and manages global frame agreements and/or large scale cross border projects to ensure one INFICON approach. Ensures correct pricing is applied for all countries, products/systems/services within relevant business area.
- Initiates and drives cross functional and cross-organization product and solution innovation teams, monitors development of all standards and market trends and supports patent screening process and intellectual property rights protection.
- Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- A minimum of 8 years Product Management experience where pragmatic marketing skills were demonstrated is required.
- Bachelors degree in science, engineering or business required. Post graduate qualifications in marketing or business areas (or equivalent experience) is an advantage.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.