Senior Project Engineer
We are pleased to announce a unique opportunity with Honeywell’s Advanced Connected Sustainability Technologies (ACST) organization. This is an exciting organization focused on cutting-edge technology developments, working with various entities in research and development efforts in break-through technology. We are moving new businesses technologies into next generation products utilized by millions of people to make your world more secure.
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
The Sustainability Technologies group is looking for a highly qualified Project Engineer that will deliver working solutions in a fast prototype / demonstration environment. The ideal candidate will provide a balance of project management and engineering expertise for the design and development of customized sample environments to support experimental research and development efforts.
Sample environmental parameters include ultralow to high temperatures, electromagnetic systems and controls, ultrahigh vacuum, and/or mechanical motion and vibrational stability.
- Lead as the single point of accountability for successfully executing the engineering scope by working with the Principle Investigator to find novel and robust solutions
- Manage completion of technical scope and project risk and needs to ensure integrated engineering processes are identified and adhered to including requirement management, change management, integration, certification, peer review etc
- Perform project management responsibilities including project scope definition, project planning, risk management, and issue resolution
- Serve as the Control Account Manager for assigned projects to create defensible, supportable estimates & plans
- Establish and follow a clear, concise, and effective management operating system including regular communications to all stakeholders
- Manage Intellectual Property and Import/Export Control
- Develop Voice of the Customer (VOC) analysis and Concept of Operations directly with customer and stakeholders
- Manage requirements from elicitation, definition/capture, decomposition, allocation, prioritization, tracking, test mapping and derived identification
- Create documentation required for systems engineering artifacts
YOU MUST HAVE
U.S. citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain government security clearance.
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer/ Software Engineering, or other technical discipline
10 years project engineering leadership experience
10 years technical experience
Master’s or PhD in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mechanical Engineering
15 years project engineering and technical experience
Equivalent ability to both (1) maintain broad, system-wide perspective as well as (2) deep dive into multi-disciplinary challenges to identify solutions
Ability to translate the intent of Systems Engineering to teams early in Technology Readiness Level (TRL) development while setting the conditions for achieving higher TRL maturity
Proficient with MatLab and/or Mathematica
Proficient with drawing tools such as LabView, OrCad, AutoCad, and/or Mentor Graphics
Proficient with Mechanical Engineering Tools such as ANSYS, ProE, MasterCAM, Solidworks, and/or toolpath
As a top candidate, you will have strong organizational & leadership skills, and be good at working and negotiating with customers and partners
Participation in high impact projects that makes the world better
Working in a strong culture of excellence and collaboration
Opportunity to work in a high performing team environment
Travel opportunities (20% – 50%)
The mindset and management support that empowers and enables you to get the job done
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.