Boeing Defense Systems, based in St. Louis, Missouri is looking for a talented engineer to join its System Assurance team to support the design of our state of the art products. The selected candidate will be tasked to perform critical system assurance work in human factors, as well as other quality factors that drive a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. The selected candidate may also assist with analyses for one or more of the major disciplines of systems assurance which includes reliability & maintainability and systems safety, As well as supporting other areas of Systems Engineering such as affordability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, regulatory, and certification that support our products. The selected candidate will also assist with the evaluation of customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, as well integrating technical parameters to assure compatibility of physical, functional, and program interfaces. These tasks are accomplished within a collaborative environment with other program teams to assist with and/or plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system solution. Military experience, while not required, is desirable.
- Convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus on one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Learns and applies knowledge of human engineering tools and methods (eg; task and workload analysis, digital human modeling, simulation, and prototyping, usability evaluation, statistical and human error analysis) to assist in the development, test evaluation of safe and effective user interfaces.
- Knowledge of human engineering design process, in elements (e.g., requirements definition, design, design documentation, trade studies, failure analysis, test evaluation, sub-contractor management, configuration management), and its relationship to the product lifecycle to effectively analyze product design.
- In this position, the HFE will be part of the team ensuring the evolving aircraft hardware and software systems are operable by US military flight and maintenance crews.